THE P.R.I.D.E. OF Q.E!
During our first days of school, all of fourth grade (41 students) met to discuss our Q.E. P.R.I.D.E. (Perseverance, Respect, In-control, Dependability, Effort) We pushed beyond a primary understanding of those concepts and, together, we set some goals about growing up and showing GRIT as fourth grade students this year.
You will notice student art in the hallways depicting our VISION for Q.E. and illustrations of each letter in P.R.I.D.E. Please expect those same qualities at home this year!! Set specific goals and make plans with your child about how to show P.R.I.D.E. all the time. The more we all practice, the better things will get!
One of the things we talked about was this: If intelligence had a contest with hard work, hard work would win every time!! It doesn't matter how smart you are (or are not), if you are willing to work hard enough, you can do ANYTHING with your life!! It is completely up to you.
Our focus for P.R.I.D.E. in fourth grade this year is going to be SHOW THEIR GRIT! We will challenge each other to have the "I CAN" attitude, participate 100% in class and get the most possible out of our learning. We will work on good habits, like "eyes-on, minds-on", keep trying, sharing ideas actively, following directions, being PROUD of giving our BEST.
Below is a list the students brainstormed about what they are going to do when they feel like giving up. Put it up on the fridge and remind them to keep trying!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING TO MAKE THIS A GREAT YEAR!!
-Mr. Wysocki and Mrs. Held
Want to be successful? Then you've got to have grit: passion and perseverance in spite of obstacles.
When I feel like giving up, I will:
-
...SHOW SOME GRIT
-
… be confident
-
… use humor
-
... never give up- Keep going
-
… try it in a new way
-
… stretch
-
...move and try it in a different place
-
...take a deep breath
-
...take a quick brain break
-
… calm down
-
… take a quick walk and go back to it
-
... get yourself motivated
-
...get a drink of water
-
… positive self-talk
“I CAN DO IT!”
“I have a good brain”
“You are a good thinker”
“I have a good teacher”
“I am good at math”
“I have good helpers around me”
“It seems hard, but I can do this”
“I am a good learner”
“I got this”
“It will get easier”
“I am capable”
“I can conquer anything if I put my mind to it”
“ I am powerful”
“This will be fun!”
“I will feel so good when I get this”
“We can do this!”
When I feel like giving up, I will:
- ...SHOW SOME GRIT
- … be confident
- … use humor
- ... never give up- Keep going
- … try it in a new way
- … stretch
- ...move and try it in a different place
- ...take a deep breath
- ...take a quick brain break
- … calm down
- … take a quick walk and go back to it
- ... get yourself motivated
- ...get a drink of water
- … positive self-talk
“I CAN DO IT!”
“I have a good brain”
“You are a good thinker”
“I have a good teacher”
“I am good at math”
“I have good helpers around me”
“It seems hard, but I can do this”
“I am a good learner”
“I got this”
“It will get easier”
“I am capable”
“I can conquer anything if I put my mind to it”
“ I am powerful”
“This will be fun!”
“I will feel so good when I get this”
“We can do this!”
Upcoming Events
SEPTEMBER
September 11th- Back to School Night 7 pm
September 21st- No School for Students
September 22nd- Fall Festival 5:30 at Hausman's Farm
September 29th- Picture Day
OCTOBER
October 6th- Race for Education (information to come)
NOVEMBER
November 2nd- Conferences
November 6th- Conferences
September 22nd- Fall Festival 5:30 at Hausman's Farm
September 29th- Picture Day
OCTOBER
October 6th- Race for Education (information to come)
NOVEMBER
November 2nd- Conferences
November 6th- Conferences
November 8th- Conferences
No comments:
Post a Comment